Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Internship

This summer rather than sitting around like most kids and complaining about being bored, I decided to take initiative and get a head start on my career of choice: veterinary medicine.  I got ahold of the local veterinary clinic and talked with one of the vets about the possibility of interning for the summer.  I laid out my plan of what I wanted to do, topics I was interested in, and what I expected or wanted to learn.  So, here I am in my first week of my twelve week journey as a veterinary assistant intern.  My daily activities include basic animal care, cleaning cages, kennels, exam tables, and equipment, animal restraint, drawing up shots, preparing animals for surgery, and various other odds and end jobs.  Throughout my internship I plan to blog about my experiences and information I have learned.  I hope for these posts to be interesting, informative, and beneficial to those who read them.


No comments:

Post a Comment